"It is through the alignment of the body that I discovered the alignment of my mind, self, and intelligence." ~B.K.S. Iyengar
Winter has hit, and with it comes a busier schedule for many. I would like to take the opportunity to welcome a new teacher, Carmen Jereb to Alpine Yoga. Carmen has a background in teaching contemporary dance, and has recently completedher Level One Certification, teaching yoga. Carmen has been assisting me over the past 6 weeks with the Beginners Intro course, and will continue leading her own weekend afternoon classes at the studio over the winter months.
I am thrilled to have her on board, and happy to offer extra classes during the busy season! :) Sat & Sun afternoon classes (5pm) will commence 1st of July 2017.
Carmen's bio can be viewed on the website- SEE HERE
New winter timetable is now available on the website. Bookings can be made via txt msg, email, phone or online via the website - SEE HERE
*** Please also just a reminder, to use the off street parking in Clyde St over the winter period, as Kookaburra parking is for the lodge guests only ***
Many thanks to all the beginners, who have recently completed the 6 week workshop, I hope you have enjoyed the classes as much as I have enjoyed teaching them! It really is rewarding seeing so many of you progress in such a short space of time. Keep up your practice :) Big thank you to Carmen for your assistance!
Due to the completion of the Beginners Workshop, Sat morning time is now back to 8.30am, (please feel free to join us for breakfast afterwards).
Happy to see a few students returning after their pre winter holiday's (lucky ducks!) Thanks for sharing some beautiful pics from all across the globe, so much beauty, so much culture. Those still away or hard into the winter slog, you are missed, but look forward to seeing you again on the mat in the months ahead... remember to just inhale the good and exhale the bad!
Winter can mean comfort food for some... now you can have your cake and eat it! Try this delicious raw bounty cake recipe..... yummmmmmmm
Raw Bounty Cake Recipe
- 1½ cup walnuts
- 1 cup dates
- ¼ cup (heaped) cacao powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbl coconut oil
- Place walnuts in a food processor
- Process until they turn in to a fine crumble
- Add the cacao and salt
- Process again until mixed through
- Add dates
- Process again
- Add coconut oil
- Process again until all well combined
- Line a spring form cake tin with baking paper
- Press mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom of the tin
- Place in fridge or freezer to set
- 3 cups of cashews
- 1 can of coconut cream
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup of shredded coconut (can use more depending how coconutty you want it)
- Place the cashews, coconut cream and maple syrup in a high powered blender
- Blend until really smooth
- Add the coconut oil and blend again
- Pour in to a mixing bowl and stir through the shredded coconut
- Pour in to cake tin on top of the base layer
- Put in the freezer to set hard
Chocolate Ganache Layer
- ¾ cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- Ensure coconut oil and maple syrup is melted and at room temperature
- Whisk together coconut oil and maple syrup (option to use a food processor or just hand whisk)
- Add cacao powder and continue to whisk until well combined and it has formed a thick ganache texture
- Only once the coconut layer is completely set, pour the ganache layer on to the top and spread with plastic spatula to form little peaks (or whatever your desired look)
- Send it a whole lot of love and place back in freezer and remove 30 minutes prior to eating
Wishing you all a safe and happy winter, on and off the slopes.