Have you ever wanted to experience the benefits of Yoga, but feel a little intimidated at the thought of walking into a class with other more experienced students? Are you wanting to embrace change, but are self conscious of your body shape or size?
Everybody has to start somewhere, and knowing the barriers some face, Alpine Yoga is happy to announce a 6 week introductory workshop for those wishing to begin their yogic journey. The course is designed to introduce new students and those who may not have much previous experience to the various aspects of yoga, involving asana (poses), pranayama (breath work) and various other concepts and philosophy of this ancient practice.
Yoga is a physical, mental, and spiritual practice that aims to transform body, mind, and soul… and so much more. An age old modality with health and fitness benefits, as well as healing attributes that a regular yoga practice can produce; improved flexibility, stronger muscles, drop in blood pressure, rise in heart rate, better sleep, improves respiration, anxiety and depression, bringing calmness to mind and body. Over time we learn that beyond the physical, it’s what we learn about ourselves on the mat that we can bring into the other areas of our lives, and that can be the most reflective part of a yoga practice.
You do not have to be fit, flexible or relaxed to start yoga but with regular attendance to class and personal practice, your body will become strong and more pliable, your stamina will increase and your mind will calm. It is important that your first exposure to yoga practice is comfortable, enjoyable and rewarding.
The course is designed so that even those who have not exercised for a while will be able to manage the pace. Age is no barrier.
Six week introductory course
This includes six consecutive Saturday morning classes commencing 9.45am Sat 25th Feb (75 - 90min duration), finishing on Sat 1st April 2017.
The course content includes:
- Natural Breathing which helps to ease anxiety and tension, calming the body and mind.
- Awareness and implementation of movements that bring about comfortable, balanced posture. This can help you to feel more relaxed and confident with yourself while also restoring your energy and freeing discomfort in the body.
- Awareness and implementation of stretches that help to keep your spine strong, pliable and healthy, easing aches and pains and improving flexibility.
- Slow, flowing sequences of movements (asanas) to build whole body flexibility, strength and stamina, creating a feeling of inner freedom and increasing energy levels.
- Relaxation and meditation techniques to increase self awareness, personal growth and total well-being.
To register please email Sonya at firstname.lastname@example.org
* **Note - Minimum of 5 students required for course to proceed